When I had a combi-boller I was happy to fill the HLT from the hot water tap but I'm less convinced about filling it from the hot water tank. I should have filled the HLT the night before so the water had less heating.
A few temperature related cockups with the ATC800/piTempMonitor disagreeing because the temperature probes were measuring different parts of the HLT.
The recipe formulation had a mistake, in that it was taking a typical hop alpha of 4.8 % rather than 6 % of the last harvest. As it happens I collected a little more wort so this will bring the bitterness down (unfortunately so too the alcohol). I had 1.033 instead of 1.037 so will be happy if I hit 3%.
If this turns out to be the best brew ever I'm going to struggle to recreate it.
I ended up creating an excel version of the calculator I use with the android app I've been writing in order to debug what was happening (through the process I noticed the mash tun was probably not filled enough).
The best bit of the day is the tank connector on the mash tun worked perfectly.